Tuesday 26 September 2017

But I want it all...

When I first got my hands on the annual catalogue I started putting post it notes on all of the pages that had items on that I wanted.  It got to a point where I couldn't get back to pages that I wanted to look at because of the forest of tabs sticking out from the top and side of the catalogue.  I now have a spreadsheet with it all on lol

So how do you go about deciding what to order first?  Because most of us live on a budget and spending a months income on crafty stash, just isn't going to happen in one go lol

This is my advice.

Very Vanilla Solid Baker's Twine - 144224

This is very versatile as it can be dyed using ink refills to match your current project.

Whisper White 3/8" Classic Weave Ribbon - 144159

Again, this can be dyed to match your creation

Pick a product suite and work on collecting all of the pieces that you like.  This way you are guaranteed that every thing you have will coordinate.  Click here to take a look at the videos that I created talking about the Color Theory suite.  I am currently collecting the Eastern Palace suite.  I will get a video up for that soon.

The hardest thing for me was buying cardstock.  I wanted ALL the colours NOW.  What I have been doing instead of buying the individual colours of cardstock is to buy the cardstock packs that go with each of the product suites.

Eastern Palace A4 Cardstock Pack - 144149

This pack contains 24 sheets of A4 card stock.  You get three different colours in the pack and there are eight sheets each colour.  This allows me to build up my colours whilst working out which  I will use the most and will need to get a  pack of 24 sheets of.

Another way forward with the cardstock is to buy the assortment packs for each collection.  You will receive two sheets of each colour in that collection. 

Bundles are great.  They typically consist of a set of stamps and either thinlit dies or apunch.  This is one that I have.
Tabs For Everything Photopolymer Bundle - 145364

Pick a bundle that can be used for a variety of different occasions and projects.  I picked this set because I can use it in a planner that I am working on, cards for all ages and also mini albums.  Also buying bundles is cheaper than buying the items individually.

So this is my advice on getting started on your Stampin' Up WANT list.

I haven't talked ink on this post as there is a fair bit in my head that I want to say and I think it will need a WHOLE other post lol

2 comments:

  1. Great blog post Naomi.... and awesome advice too .... I'm the same and want nearly everything in the catalogues .... and being able to dye the ribbon and bakers twine is a great way to make your money stretch a bit further xxx Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina. My want list is still a mile long, but this way of buying is helping me get more of what I want in one go.

      Delete