Thursday 26 October 2017

Because I'm HAPPY

Good morning crafters.  I managed to fit in some play time today and decided it was time to get inky in the best way.

I love making mixed media creations and I wanted to see if I could do it with my Stampin' Up stash.  This is what I made


I started off with a sheet of 12 x 12 Crumb cake card stock from the Neutrals best 12 x 12 cardstock pack.   A lovely blank canvas to work with and the colour is a perfect match for the mushrooms at the bottom of the picture. 


I took a piece of Tempting turquoise card stock (it was the closest match I had to the blue in the photo) and distressed it a bit with my scissors before going around the edge and adding brown paint using my finger. With that done, I was able to work out a rough position for where the photo would go before I started stamping.

I used Early expresso ink on the edge of a Timeless textures stamp to create the vertical line and then added two different strips of Year of cheer speciality washi tape to add a little shine and to use as a guide for my stamping.


Most of the stamping was done using this stamp from the Timeless textures set.

You can see a closer view below of how that turned out.


I also used this stamp from the Charming stamp set (retired) on the top left of the layout.


Once I was happy with the back ground, I used ink refils (Pacific point and Early expresso) and a little mica powder in a mister spray bottle to colour white flowers to match my project.  I also added some 2mm flat backed pearls for added interest.  I am not good at minimalist, so I am always looking for ways to add texture or layers.

Lastly I die cut happy birthday using the Happy birthday thinlits die from a piece of Early expresso card stock and trimmed off the happy to use as a title for the layout.

I hope you like it.  If you have any questions or suggestions about this layout,  I would love to hear from you.

Thank you for stopping by.

Ny x

Shopping list
Neutrals best 12 x 12" cardstock pack - 145411
Tempting turquiose  - 108598
Timeless textures stamp set - 140517
Charming stamp set (retired)
Early expresso ink pad - 126974
Happy birthday thinlits die - 143700
Year of cheer speciality washi tape - 144644
Pacific point ink refil - 111840
Early expresso classic ink refil - 119789

No comments:

Post a Comment