Friday 6 October 2017

Dear Christmas...

Hi  Crafty Stashers.

I have never been one for traditional Christmas cards.  It's not that I can't make them.  I can, but my brain just doesn't really go there. 

For this card I decided on a pink and blue colour scheme.


This is quite a simple card.    I started by cutting a piece to measure 5.25" by 5.25" from a sheet of designer paper from the Bundle of love 12"x 12" pack.  I selected a die that was big enough to frame the embellishment that I wanted to use and created an aperture in the pink patterned paper using the bigshot.

Next I cut a piece of Soft Sky card stock to measure 5.5" by 5.5"

Using the same size nesting die that I used to cut my aperture and the next size up, I created a frame using more of the Soft Sky card stock. 


Now it was time for assembly.  I threaded some Whisper white 1/8" sheer ribbon through my embellishment, making sure that it was long enough to go from just above the aperture to where I wanted it to sit.  I also added a double layer of foam adhesive strip to the back of the embellishment to make sure that it would sit exactly where I wanted it to.

I used tape to secure the ribbon to the back of my pink piece.  Next I glued the frame on the front of the card making sure that it lined up properly with the aperture I had created.  I then matted the front of the card onto the Soft Sky card that I had cut to size earlier.

I took a sheet of Whisper White A4 cardstock. I cut it to measure 5.75" wide and then scored down the middle to create my card base.  All that was left to do was to attach the card front to the card base and add a sentiment.

Still working with the original sheet of Soft Sky cardstock, I stamped "Merry & Bright" from the Hearts come home stamp set.  I then punched my greeting out using the Every day label punch.


I trimmed down both of the longer sides so that I have what you see above.  I added my greeting to my card using more foam adhesive strip and added a couple of tiny gems.

Shopping list
Bundle of love  144143
Soft Sky card stock 131292
Whisper white 1/8" sheer ribbon 144172
Foam adhesive strip 141825
Whisper White A4 cardstock 106549
Hearts come home stamp set 145416
Every day label punch 144668

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy crafting.

Ny x

2 comments:

  1. Ooooooooo I LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT CARD ♥️ Those deer heads are stinking CUTE ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was so easy to make. The hardest part was deciding which DP to use :D

      Delete