Wednesday 18 October 2017

Christmas pop

Hi Crafters

I love to challenge myself either by making something I have never tried before or trying to make something that is completely outside of my comfort zone (I learned to appreciate pattern this way).

This time I wanted to make a pop up card, but I also wanted to make a block step card.  I've not tried either technique properly before.  Well I did say that I like a challenge lol

 
I started by using two sheets of Tranquil tide to create my card blank.  The card measures 8x6 inches.


I cheated a bit with the box stepper part as I used a pre-bought blank.  I WILL learn how to make them from scratch, but I needed to make this card faster than I would be able to work it out (I rarely work from tutorials).  I used a piece of Cherry Cobbler to cover the front of the block step portion.


Through out the card I have used Very vanilla, Cherry cobbler and Tranquil tide.  I used a sentiment and the trees from the Hearts come home stamp set inside the card.


The front of the card was a lot of fun to make.  I used the Hearts come home stamp set again to stamp Santa and "Joy to the world" and a few sparkles around the reindeer.  I couldn't resist adding some AB bling in a trail behind the sleigh.

I finished off the card by adding die cut trees and a deer from the Card front builder thinlit dies set

This was a fun card to make and I am pretty sure that I will be making another one soon.

I'm going to head off as I have another idea for a card.

Thanks for stopping by

Ny x

Shopping list:
Tranquil tide A4 card stock - 144252
Cherry cobbler A4 cardstock - 121681
Very vanilla A4 cardstock - 106550
Hearts come home Stamp set - 145416 or 145413
Card front builder thinlit dies - 144674

No comments:

Post a Comment